Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Luke has been loving school! Its been so wonderful to see him make friends and get this chance to go to school like any other child. Amazing teachers and staff at the Little Light House have blessed us so much!








Its so refreshing to walk into a place where there are wheelchairs and equipment and kids with needs like Luke. To be around people who understand what its like to have a child with special needs has been really encouraging. 


Luke was the Beatles Yellow Submarine for the Mini Laps fundraiser for his school. Thanks again to those who donated!


Livi loved cheering on her little brother. We are so proud of him.


Livi has had a blast playing soccer with school friends!







Luke has had his feeding tube changed twice in the past couple months. Its kind of a big deal to have it replaced since we have the J tube, which goes into his small intestine, they have to do it under sedation. We've been having problems with it backing up and leaking. Praying we don't have any more issues with it. Its always challenging to try to figure out what's going on especially when doctors don't know and can't give us any answers. We will start seeing a GI doctor to help manage Luke's gastrointestinal issues. We're also seeing an endocrine doctor now to possibly start some medication for his bone density in preparation for his scoliosis surgery that might happen next summer.  I'm not sure how many doctors we are up to now. Its easy to feel overwhelmed with all his stuff. Even though I've been a Christian for a long time now I still forget how close God is to me in those moments of fear. His peace can be mine no matter what circumstance I'm in. So many times I forget to just ask for help. No matter how much time I have or haven't spent praying His grace and presence is there when I look for it.  When I turn on worship music it reminds me of God's nearness.  I remember God pulling me to worship Him even when I was really young. When I heard praise music I wanted to be part of it. It felt like that was what I was made to do. If I could just stay in the mind of Christ through these moments of panic and confusion about what to do it I know my heart would feel His strength more.

Pumpkin patch with cousins






But even with the feeding tube issues we are really enjoying fall and really grateful for Luke staying 
healthy from respiratory stuff. Thankful for my goofy husband making the kids and me laugh. Thankful that the kids are at school and I get a break. Thankful for a God who doesn't leave me any moment. Lots and lots to be thankful for.  

I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains. Psalm 121:1




No comments:

Post a Comment